It can be such a task to transition to a vegan diet when the whole family is in for the challenge. As a mother, you can start creating your family’s cookbook. How better than with these easy vegan recipes for kids.
Start cooking familiar recipes, this time just with plant-based ingredients. This way your kids will find the transition way easier. The following vegan dinners for kids will help your family to adopt this new way of eating, in a friendlier way. Let us know which ones you like the most.
The first of our vegan recipes for kids is perfect for Sunday! This recipe, not only has all the kids’ favorite flavor, but also they provide the nutrients they need.
· 2 cups unbleached flour
· ¼-cup cornstarch
· 2 tablespoons sugar
· 1 teaspoon salt
· 1 tablespoon baking powder
· ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
· Chopped strawberries (2 cups)
· Soymilk (2 ½ cups)
· Canola oil (2 tablespoons)
1. Blend all the dry ingredients.
2. Add chopped strawberries, stir until coated.
3. Add the soymilk and the oil.
4. In case the consistency is a little to liquid, add more flour.
5. Pour enough mix on a medium-hot pan.
6. Flip the pancake when the edges look dry.
7. Decorate with more strawberries on top.
Spicy Buffalo Chickpea Wraps
If you are on the run, these wraps are a great option. Especially when you want something savory for lunch. It is packed with protein and greens; it will become one of your family’s favorite!
Dressing and salad
· ¼ cup of BeanVIVO or hummus
· 1 ½ maple syrup
· 1 lemon
· How water
· I head romaine lettuce
· 425 gr of can chickpeas
· 1 tablespoon coconut oil
· 4 tablespoon hot sauce
· ¼ garlic powder
· Pinch of salt
· Four tortillas, pita or flatbread
1. For the dressing start with BeanVIVO (we recommend Miso Ginger or Pad Thai).
Add maple syrup and lemon juice. Add hot water if necessary.
2. Add the romaine lettuce and toss. Set aside.
3. Add dried chickpeas to a separate mixing bowl. Combine coconut oil, hot sauce, garlic powder and salt.
4. Heat a pan and add the chickpeas. Sauté for 3-5 minutes mashing them to create some sort of purée.
5. Once chickpeas are ready. Remove from heat, add more hot sauce.
6. Top each wrap with the dressed romaine salad. Top with the buffalo chickpeas. You may also add some diced tomatoes, avocado or onion.
Peanut Butter Energy Bites
Great for when you and your children are on the go! This vegan recipe for kids is very convenient for a snack or dessert.
· 1 cup dates
· 3 tablespoons peanut butter
· 1 tablespoon chia seeds
· 2/3 cup oats
· ¼ cup of dark Chocolate
1. Pulse dates in a food processor, until they form a ball.
2. Add oats, chocolate, chia seeds and peanut butter. Mix until completely combined.
3. Roll into 1-inch balls using your hand to mold them together.
4. Once done, put them in the freezer for 15 minutes.
Hope you like these vegan recipes for kids. Let us know in the comments section what your kids think of these recipes!