Avocados are a great source of Vitamin E, which helps to protect the cells so we can stay strong, keeping our blood cholesterol healthy. These good fats are necessary to absorb vitamins; in fact, you can do several recipes with this ingredient: you can smash it, slice it and even bake with it.
What is a fact is that avocados make everything better, from salads to salsas and smoothies, just make sure they are perfectly ripe. We have gathered our favorite avocado recipes, let’s start!
California Veggie Sandwich
· ¼ cup buttermilk
· ¼ cup plain whole milk Greek yogurt
· 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
· 6 tablespoons olive oil
· Salt and pepper
· 2 ripe avocados
· 6 ounces of fresh goat cheese
· 6 cups mixed lettuce leaves,
· 8 slices of multigrain bread (toasted)
· ½ cucumber
· 2 cups of sprouts
1. Whip the buttermilk, yogurt, lemon juice and three tablespoon in a bowl until it blends; season the dressing with salt and pepper.
2. Add the avocados in a bowl, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and smash it. Season with salt and pepper. Now, mash the goat cheese until it gets soft and spreadable, add some pepper and salt.
3. Add lettuce to the dressing.
4. Spread the avocado mixture on the slices of bread. Put the lettuce on top with cucumber, sprouts and pickles.
5. Spread the other four slices of bread with goat cheese and close the sandwiches.
Egg White Chalupa
· Stewed black beans
· Vegetable oil (for frying)
· 2 corn tortillas
· 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
· 6 large egg whites
· Kosher salt
· ¼ cup sour cream
· 1 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
· Hot sauce
· 1 ½ ounces shredded ricotta salata
· ½ avocado
· ¼ cup cilantro
1. Pour oil into a small pan. Heat over medium until it gets very hot. Fry each tortilla until it gets lightly browned and very crisp. Transfer to paper towels to drain.
2. Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add 3 egg whites and a pinch of salt and cook.
3. When whites are set but still moist; transfer to a plate. Repeat same process for the other eggs.
4. Divide sour cream between tortillas. Top with the black beans, followed by the egg whites.
5. Add some hot sauce, cheese, avocado and cilantro.
Guacamole and mango salad with black beans
· Lime (1)
· Small mango –peeled and chopped (1)
· Small avocado (1)
· 100 g cherry tomatoes
· 1 red chili pepper – deseeded and chopped
· 1 red onion
· ½ small pack coriander
· 400 g can black beans
1. Put the lime zest and juice, mango, avocado, tomatoes, chili and onion in a bowl.
2. Add the coriander and beans.
3. Serve with cookies or chips